My grandson calls these Incredible Hulk muffins. He loves them, he obviously doesn't know there's spinach in them! And they are only about 100 calories each!
- 2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter
- 3/4 C. milk of choice
- 1/2 C. honey (I use raw organic)
- 1 large banana
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350. Either line 18 muffin pan with liners (makes 18 muffins) or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt butter. Blend spinach, banana, honey, milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter until pureed. I used my ninja and it worked great.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, don't overmix.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans. Bake 18-22 minutes until firm but not browning.
- Cool and enjoy!