These were CRAZY easy to make. My kids did most of the work! We got a bit jazzy and changed up the recipe. We voted in our house which was the best!
SUPER NUTRITIOUS. CLEAN. I’ll be eating these on the bike during Ironman Arizona training.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used the quick cook)
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped “something” apple, apricot, cranberry, blueberry, etc (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Per 1 ball= 92 calories, 5g fat, 11g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g protein, 16mg sodium, 6g sugar
CHANGING IT UP!!!
1/2 cup almond butter instead of peanut butter OMG! DELISH
Added 1/2 cup diced apples CRAZY GOOD with the peanut butter
Or added 1/2 cup diced dried (or from a bag) apricots with the almond butter THESE ARE COOKIE-LICOUS
MY FAV – with almond butter (homemade) and apricots!!!! Hands down!