Coach BK of BK Coaching and Ironman Triathlete Nelson Rodriguez chat about Ironman Arizona. This is an excellent race as a first time ironman race and to the newer to triathlon athletes.
- Self seeding rolling start in Temp Town Lake which looks like a canal.
- Athletes enter the water off a metal type dock
- The water temp is usually cooler with sleeveless wetsuits being just fine
- 3 loop course with 2577 ft of gain
- Wind can pick up later in the day and turn into a head wind
- Roads are great and the support is excellent
- 2 loop course that is flat
- Just about the entire course is on pavement, which is very unforgiving
- The run has zero shake so make sure to understand how to protect yourself from the sun and heat