WHAT WE EAT MATTERS
We can set yourselves up for a night filled with rest by padding our diet with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that support serotonin, a brain chemical that contributes to relaxation and sleep. Additionally, we can consume foods that naturally contain melatonin. Here is a quick run down of the biggest players in the sleep chemistry world.
- Magnesium: Almonds, cashews, dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, salmon, yogurt
- Melatonin: Bananas, cherries, flaxseeds, orange bell peppers, raspberries
- Serotonin: Bananans, kiwis, pecans, pineapples, plums, tomatoes, walnuts
- Omega-3s: Eggs, flaxseeds, salmon, sardines, trout, walnuts, yogurt
- Potassium: Acorn squash, avocados, bananas, salmon, sweet potatos
- Tryptophan: Eggs, spinach, turkey
- Vitamin B6: Avocados, bananas, bulgur, pistachios, salmon, rice, sesame seeds
- Vitamin D: Eggs, mushrooms, salmon, sardines, turkey, yogurt
As you can see, this is a fairly easy list of foods to incorporate into your daily nutrition. And a big shout out to the green smoothie that I highly recommend. Info here …. www.bonniekissinger.com/greensmoothie, which contains a good amount of these foods.