- 3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 2/4 cup light cream or light coconut milk (can be canned)
- 1 tablespoon ground or fresh minced ginger
- 2 to 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- Place the chicken, carrots, bell peppers and onion in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, cream, ginger, curry powder and salt. Taste the sauce, add more curry powder if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and onions and cover. Cook on low for five to six hours.
- When an hour is remaining, mix the cornstarch with a little water to create a slurry. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine–this is to thicken up the curry. When 30 minutes are remaining, add the chickpeas.
- Serve hot over brown rice and/or white potatoes.
11 mg iron