Super EASY! Nutritious and delicious! Great treat for the athlete!
Body benefit: Use organic/farmers market food to get nutrient dense and energy dense nutrition. Chickpeas provide protein.
- 2 tbsp oil oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sage leaves, chopped
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 lb green beans, fresh or frozen, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lb frozen collard greens (or one bundle chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- In large, heavy stock pot over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and sage, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer until kidney beans are warmed through and green beans begin to soften, 10 minutes.
- Add collards; cover and cook until warmed through, 1 minute.
- Serve topped with Parmesan.